PAGES

I need more sleep

I need more sleep

Thursday, January 8, 2015

No More Box Coloring For Me.





I love coloring my hair. I think it came from not being able to color my hair while I was in High School, then right after that joining the Navy. In the Navy, I was able to color my hair, but boring colors. No fun!!
(Also I color my hair to cover my white hairs :O)
When I finally got out of the Navy, all I wanted to do was to color my hair. Life is way too short to have it just one color. Each time I colored it I would always go to Walmart or Walgreens to buy my box, and look for the box with the color of the pretty girls hair on the box that I wanted. 

Then after coloring my hair, long and behold!!!! Nothing like the box!!
Boo!!
I have also gone to salons, and they never give me exactly what I want. I know if I would find the perfect person and stay with that person. I wouldn't have a problem. These is also the price. Eh, sometimes I want to keep most my money. 

So after going on Pinterest and youtube videos, I felt I was a tad bit confident to make something happen.
(Darn them, always making us think we can do stuff. LOL)

At Sally's I found a lady to help me. I grabbed 
Red and Magenta color and then added Developer #20, mixed them up and got a BRIGHT red color plus a conditioner for afterwards.
I grabbed 2 of everything just incase one set wasn't enough.

Dont quote me, but the lady explained that it depends what color your hair is and how much or how recent you have colored it will determine which developer you would need.
So if you end up going to Sally's ask them which number, just to make sure. The why it seems, the higher the number means the lighter you hair color is prior to coloring it. 
So thats confusing how I wrote that. 
My hair was brown before coloring it so I grabbed #20, if I would of had black hair I would go for a #10 or lower. If I was a blonde I would go for a #30.



What you will need. 






After you have everything set, prepare your space. Since it was red I was scared it would get on everything. So I cleared everything out. Then I put on my face, neck, ear, and anywhere I would think I would get the dye on me, I placed Vaseline. So it would be easier to get the red off my skin.

Putting all the stuff together in a bowl was pretty fun. 

I took these pictures in my Yellow light bathroom. So the colors are a little off. 


Don't forget GLOVES!!!!!

IT was crazy bright, and I loved it.


That was it. After mixing it, I started to cover my hair like crazy. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss any spots. I had so much left over that I decided to find a way to put all of it my hair. 

THE OUT COME :D


A bright red Ariel Mermaid color. 

I am definitely not buying box anymore. Not only was it more fun to mix colors I wanted but the quality was 10 times better and its not staining my pillows, towels or clothes. So in all a Win - Win.





After a serious selfie, you must do a silly selfie. :D



#Red #RedHeds #DIY




No comments:

Post a Comment