PAGES

I need more sleep

I need more sleep

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Becoming a youth soccer coach.


The Alaniz family become U6 Soccer Coaches :D

Israel, Isaac, and Me after our first practice watching big brother Joshua soccer practice.


This year I decided to help out our community recreation center with soccer. I knew this year they were low on volunteers and my youngest who just turned 4 was joining this year. Then I thought, Why Not. Little did I know there is so much that goes into it and its a different kind of workout. It really challenges you in other areas with kids that you never thought you could be challenged on. Especially with other peoples kids and have their parents just watching you, and all for FREE. Yup, not only did I pay for my two boys to join soccer but became a coach for free. My husband said I was crazy. LOL.

But soccer season has started and after the first day I feel like its not that bad. I do get a great sweat on and the kids seem to really enjoy it. Only problem is, I had to volunteer my husband as an assistant coach. He wasn't too thrilled about that, since he was already waking up at 4:30am I just extend his day. I can see in his eye that he does like it. He may say he doesn't like kids but his own, but he never gets mad at the kids and you can totally see it makes him happy.


So for soccer of a team of 3 year old to 6 year olds you really need patients, I mean patients!!!!! They don't follow any of my rules or direction and they like to hit. I have no idea why. Having to organize snacks for games, make playful games to teach them how to play soccer, contact the parents every other day, make sure every parent is happen, pass out uniforms, make sure everyone knows game times, and etc. I think Im finally getting the hang of it after a week :D, a little pat on my back for me. Pat Pat!!

Daddy and son practicing a drive into the goal



Isaac going against his opponent to make a goal
The best part, I get to see my son play with other kids and have fun, kids running up to me calling me coach and being so excited and telling me about their days, parents thanking me for being awesome of course. LOL. With all that I don't think I will do it again next season. Only because I don't really get to see my youngest play during game day or watch him during practice, and I can't watch my oldest at practice or much at game days. Still a great experience.
Isaac basically telling me he is done, and is ready to go home. Still looked cute







my boys on the way to practice
Isaac and I after practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment