PAGES

I need more sleep

I need more sleep

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Beginner Home School Mom


I am going to keep on doing updates, Check for them under "Beginner Home school Mom" Tab.

I am a beginner home school mommy. I have a 12 year old son, named Joshua Garza. He's in 7th grade if your trying to figure out the math. Looking for other learning ideas and materials besides books from the Teacher School here in Havelock, NC. I was able to find sites that are Free or Really cheap, because it turns out to buy the curriculums online cost over an arm and leg. I would have to throw in some toes too. So we have waiting till next year to jump into that debt, since we have decided to homeschool for 8th grade as well. 
So let me jump in on what we are using now.
*Note this is not only for Middle School Students. Its an all around grade game. :D


Okay this one Free but you can only do so much, but I love it. I went ahead and paid for the month price of $6.  Its fun the parents can get involved and its all learning. From subjects Math, Reading, And Writing. 
What I like as well, it makes the student want to play these learning games so they can upgrade to new levels and play with plays around the world. Now doesn't that sound cool!! 
I have also set up challenges for my son to do so many questions to earn more coins. Each game you play you have the chance to earn a lot of coins which all go towards you upgrading and upgrading your avatar. A great part also is that you can keep track of your students learning, like a progress report. 
This can also be used in Schools for Teachers and I think thats for FREE! 

Here's a snap shot of the front page.

Heres a snapshot of their prices. Very Cheap! (right now since writing game is new its free, but only for a short time) <-- So GO NOW!!!
Last chance for free Writing Game


Now this is how it looks when a parent logs in. 
And you can add more then one child


My avatar, and this is under parent log in where you can play the games as well and earn points to upgrade clothes and levels. I played a couple of times, and I felt bad at first playing with kids that were in middle school but I really wanted points for Pink hair. HAHA.

My sons Joshuas login and avatar, and isn't his avatar cute with his soccer outfit!!


So so worth it. But if you have any questions just let me know! 





This one has free learning videos that we have watched sometimes. I haven't made the option to buy into this program yet. Im still up in the air with it. But my son did like the video that were on there for learning about subjects he needed help on. At the end of the video they can take a quiz to see how well they did. The Link above takes you to their free are on their site. 

Looks like this. 





And This Link Brainpop, is the regular login page.


The one below in orange is for K-3 its their jr page. Kind of cute.




When you go into pricing, you have a couple of categories to choose from. Here is a snapshot of it.



I am going to use the example of Home Schooling. This is the price and after doing this I remember why I haven't bought it yet.


I don't know if you can see the price in the bottom for 1 year and its $205. I guess its not bad for a whole year. BUT I am still going to hold off on it!.


Homeschooling useful sites

Here are are few websites I have used to get information from or used for the kids to do their home schooling. I'll post a blog about each one later. Just wanted to get the word out there for these sites.

Examiner.com is one site I have used to get Free Curricula for every subject on 7th Grade. It has the list of all the subject a 7th grader would need and where to go for each one. It was a Great site.

  • Khanacademy.org This one I just joined, I didnt want to go to far in it because it keeps score of all your Math activities and points to earn things such as badges and upgrading your avatar. We are just a leaf right now, but Joshua my son is going to be working on this tomorrow. And on the side it has your missions and reports for the mom. Its very interesting and FREE, you can connect from Facebook or email. Here are some snap shots of the site.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment